During the practice sessions of the Códigos at PractiMilonguero, Mónica explains and recreates the codes of the tradicional milongas of Buenos Aires and the students practice them in a relaxed atmosphere.
To learn and respect the codes of the tradicional milongas in Buenos Aires means:
- Respecting the other couples so that everyone can enjoy a social dance, keeping in mind that this is not a performance.
- Dancing in a pleasant close embrace, respectful and comfortable.
- Taking care of our personal hygiene in order not to inconvenience our dance partner
- Following the line of dance counterclockwise
- Trying not to step backwards, for the leader.
- Without lifting the feet from the floor too much, in order to avoid hitting other dancers.
- Inviting to dance using the classic “cabeceo”.
From Milonga Cachirulo. Thank you!!